Overview Golden Chain
This is an interim draft page for the development of the subject matter and study topics.
It provides a temporary jump-page to the various aspects that will be developed:
- the Golden Chain overview schema of nature's kingdom and the main spiritual entities behind or involved
- if for a moment we make abstraction of what lies behind the elements and ethers, and just these concepts, then we can use them to describe the macroscopic process of interaction between the elements in nature that we can call alchemy in nature
- cosmic breathing: there is a natural in and out breathing related to the various levels of spiritual beings, and this creates the rhythms we recognize in Man, on Earth, in our planetary system and cosmos
- relationships between the hierarchies then allows to link in
- Man and the macrocosmos
- Man and the spiritual hierarchies
Schema FMC00.142 (see below) variants A to D (pictograms) are explained in various sections
- Aspect A
- Aspect B
- Aspect C
- Aspect D is the the rhythm of a year, that describes the alchemical process, consisting of and 'lived' bythe elementals of nature on earth that consititute or make up the living physical plant kingdom, and the archangels 'steering them'
sacrifice see Meaning of life and add nourishment
The concept of down and up at the level of evolutionary stages
Schema FMC00.141 is shows how, on the one hand (blue arrow down), the flow from the nirvana and budhi planes down to the three worlds below, sustains the emanation of thoughts created by the spiritual hierarchies in earlier stages. This is all we see around us, eg nature's kingdoms including ourselves. The spiritual hierarchies live in and evolve through this whole creation. On the other hand (blue arrow up), Man also creates through his thoughts, just as previous hierarchies did on previous planetary stages. Hence the human being becomes creator and contributor to future worlds.
The pencil drawing on the left shows how living spiritual germs ripple down from the higher planes into the formless spirit world, get clothed into archetypes in lower spirit land, and embody with astral clothing and physical substance. In the middle is shown how Man's actions are inscribed into the akashic records. On the left is a paragraph with RSL quotes by Maximilian Rebholz (in his essay 'Durchgang').
The goal of this schema is to depict an idea, not to have a nice illustration. It brings together a number of perspectives and can be seen as a synthetic picture, or as a point of departure to study various aspects that come together.
The ascending and descending forces relate to Schema FMC00.042A, see the lecture text of 1908-01-27-GA102 for more info.
Schema FMC00.142 in full version below (simpler versions do not contain the various dimensions shown here). The schema shows the four kingdoms of nature, including their consciousness (group souls for the others besides Man), against the planes or worlds of consciousness (see Conditions of Consciousness). It also shows the three elementary kingdoms as the source of the formative forces, as well as the elementals below and how they are orchestrated by the third hierarchy of angels, archangels and archai. Furthermore it also shows the evolutionary dimension in overlay, the sacrifice of the higher hierarchies that gave rise to these new entities as an offspring during the previous planetary stages.
Study process guidance
As we venture to cover and sketch and paint ‘the whole of creation’ around us, we will need to tread with patience and persistence, discipline and stamina. We will – necessarily - need many different angles of perspective to show how the various dimensions above hang together. The bar is set high: it is a challenge to try and convey this in a didactic manner. Meaning: the journey will be demanding, as only with sufficiently deep grasp of the above listed dimensions, and especially their interrelations, can we truly ‘see’.
The approach we propose is to sequentially approach our subject matter as follows:
- - introduction of a simple framework that we will use as a logical mind map, it consists of
- quick intro on the four above dimensions
§ subtopic: four lawfulness – laws of nature
o a schematic in which we can graphically project the concepts we will consider
- sketching the flow downwards (re lecture in GA88-89-91?) .. start with the end in mind
2. - touring the stage and introducing main players
o we look around us: placing the kingdoms on the map to initialize our understanding (physical & consciousness, group souls)
o on earth: introducing elementals
o spiritual scientific study topic: appreciating the elementary kingdoms as a required cornerstone
o what happens in the higher regions of spirit world: looking up to get a glimpse
§ later module: how this is linked to cosmic breath, three logoi, occult atom
3. - evolutionary perspective - in a second tour, going into more detail revisiting each .. now following the evolutionary sequence to view how the various kingdoms developed to their current form
o the appearance of current kingdoms through the planetary evolutionary cycles, with addition of principles
o how ‘offsprings’ appear, how elementals appear as part of this process
o the appearance of elements and ethers through this process
o the continuous dynamic of all spiritual entities involved
Man special attention: the charts with 3 systems and H3-2-1?
Were do the 3 subsystems come from?
- buckets interchanging, up and down: the cosmic lamb lecture + angels in astral body, food
- follow up study – later modules
o the redeeming of kingdoms (see lectures – 1904?-09-05-GA090a also 111/117
o what’s next, after descent now ascent process (and why you’d better do your best if you want to be on the bus ;))
It’s a pity we have to divide it up like this, and my sincere hope is that, after all is said and done and you have done the whole tour to your own satisfaction .. you will be able to ‘see’ in one integrated imagination how it all hangs together. Not limited by the fragmentation and boundaries of thinking and languages.
That being said, it is normal that this can only be a process of gradual study, deepening, and building a new understanding. Only when you are driven to know, and you have an inner fire, will you remain motivated in your quest to dig deeper and build your own grasp on this matter. The nature of the aim is such it can not be passed on a piece of paper or in a single simple lecture. Not simple because it is not: reality is vastly complex. And not a single or a few lectures, because we need to build up a new framework for our thinking in this new spiritual scientific worldview. We can not take this in ‘as is’, because we are not ready and equipped for it, we cannot just fit this in into the physical-materialistic worldview we are taught and grow up in. In fact, we need to change ourselves.
The FMC areas, taken together, make up a foundation for a spiritual scientific worldview. However, rather than approaching it through the many logical chapters and building it up that way, this prototype website is presented as a nicer way to build one’s understanding. We will tap from these FMC areas, and at any point one can branch out of the Golden Chain storyline and connect into the FMC repository for more a more in depth coverage.
References and further reading
- Maximilian Rebholz: three essays on 'Elementary Kingdoms' (1936-1950)
- Ernst Hagemann: 'World ether, elemental beings, kingdoms of nature'
- Oskar Kürten: 'Symphonies of Creation'
Internal project notes and references
|Mineral kingdom||Plant kingdom||Animal kingdom||Human kingdom|