About this site
Welcome to the anthroposophy.eu website. This sites uses Mediawiki as a platform for sharing information about the Free Man Creator project for integrated study and support materials for spiritual science. The site is a front-end to the project as well as the Free Man Creator school.
The intention of this site is to be a front-end portal to inform about the project and provide more details on the initiative to interested parties. This is not to a full-fledged content management system for the FMC project. Therefore the site will use schematics and embedded files as much as possible.
Today, the project consists of digital materials in english, over 15000 pages, hundreds of tables and thousands of illustrations and schematics.
However what matters is not quantity but quality of insightful information that can be shared so it is useful for earnest students of spiritual science, which is ultimately the aim of the initiative. The goal is indeed to offer didactic supportive materials in a modern contemporary way. With the humble ambition of being or becoming a reference through the quality, depth and breadth of coverage.
Whereas the main motivation is that this may be useful to, and may help, other students .. this does not mean it can replace 'doing the actual soul work'. So this site is not to present partial snippets of fastfood info for quick digestion (as we find in social media or blogs) .. but rather quite the opposite. There will be no spoon feeding here. The main point remains to engage one's soul and spirit into a process of in-depth study through concentration and contemplation, fed with your feelings, imagination and the will-fire inside of you.
The essence of what we are working
- Integration: integration of Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works (CW or GA) across the fragmentated publishing, with consistent taxonomy, indexing and cross referencing.
- Enrichment: with modern media: blackboard drawings, illustrations of direct references made, contemporary best illustrations of principles, synthetic tables (or 'tabular summaries'), graphical mindmaps, enriching illustrations and 'evocation images'
- Extension: with other sources of anthroposophists after and besides Rudolf Steiner's work, contemporary developments
- and we do this for the 21st century in English and digital format using contemporary technology.
Universities today don't teach physics with the original manuscripts by Newton or Maxwell. The learnings of many generations over centuries are summarized into the foundations of physics in say three books like Feynman's famous Lectures on Physics. That's a fact, not a judgement.
The generation born after the year 2000 grows up in a world of free flow of information, with internet everywhere due to mobile connectivity, etc. These things have been developing for 50 years, since the first PCs, then internet, wireless networks, and so on .. but now they are everywhere and the result is that it has changed the attitude of people with regards to information and learning. That's a fact again, not a judgement.
How was it a century ago, say the time of Rudolf Steiner? Here's a anecdote mailed to me:
"When a few people (forgot the names) visited a library with all the old books from 16th – 19 th century, someone exclaimed: "Should we read all this? How on earth can we do that?" and Rudolf Steiner replied: "You don't have to read all that, that is already in your blood, in your astralis, no need to read it all." So perhaps some of anthroposophy and ideas are also already in our blood. Perhaps it's too early for that, but then again time is passing very fast. Sometimes it seems some young people immediately understand all the anthro ideas where the old had to think and work hard."
Many years of study have shown me that the human brain is not a computer to store GA lecture references, and even my structured system built with years of diligent discipline in the end became so large and complex and not simple enough to share. So this site is intended as a modern support system for learning. It provides key points, references, overview of multi-perspectives, diagrams. All to help you focus on your soul work.
Please build something in your soul with what you find on this site: take it into deep thought, contemplate, live the questions, fill them with your heart, and you will write and weave into the akasha .. where your thinking feeling willing will help develop the seeds for future worlds and help for the souls between death and a new birth. Focusing on the soul work - this is the most important thing for me and for you to do.
See more about this in Study process and developing imaginations.
The above relates to the respect for the original, as in the original source and literal quote. Indeed everyone probably has the experience by reading unsupported statements that go off on a tangent with free or unsubstantiated interpretations and mixing these with personal opinions. I am all too aware of this. However should we not feel confident? Confident about the body of knowledge of spiritual science, and how it hangs together and consistently explains the world?
A few words about the initiative (old info, to be updated)
- The initiative and project FMC, for 'Free Man Creator', is based on a systematic approach to core anthroposophy, an approach developed by the author of this site starting in 2014. It was based on the following vision, and as an answer to the problem statement regarding the study of spiritual science.
- A few years later, this approach was found to be resonant with the principles of Systematic anthroposophy as presented by Maximilian Rebholz in the 1930-40s. Further study pointed out Rudolf Steiner himself had explicitly suggested this. One of the early examples working in such systematic way was Adolf Arenson, later examples were eg Ernst Hagemann, Iwer Thor Lorenzen, or Oskar Kuerten, to name just a few.
- Building on this research into the work of anthroposophists in the last century, came the discovery of the wealth of work that was done by generations in the 20th century (and especially in the German language) but that is hardly know, if known at all. So many people have gone before us and contributed their life work, therefore the scope of the initiative was extended to include secondary literature. 'Standing on the Shoulders of Giants' or SoSoG is an extension of Rudolf Steiner's Gesamtausgabe with an essential 'best of' of secondary literature in the lineage from great anthroposophists of the past 120 years.
- The logo in the left hand corner was based on an old cover of volume GA201 Man Hieroglyph of the Universe, the name Free Man Creator is a shorthand to denote that Man is central in creation and has now been put free to co-create the future. It links to the Philosophy of Freedom as well as to the responsibility of each human being in thoughts, feelings and actions .. through which we contribute to the seeds of future words. This also links directly to initiation: if you want to improve the world, start working on yourself.