Three dimensions of evolution
Evolution proceeds along three dimensions that are characteristics of The three Logoi:
- Conditions of Consciousness (CoC)
- Conditions of Life (CoL)
- Conditions of Form (CoF)
Imagine the cosmos as an eternal fractal-like evolution that rolls off along a breathing dynamic, whereby the three dimensions mentioned are the stages in three levels of that breathing dynamic. At the highest level, each planetary stage of evolution gives rises to a CoC as the result of an outbreathing followed by an inbreathing, a process consisting of mantavara and pralaya stages.
- A stage of awake daytime emanation into the spirit, astral and physical world is called a 'manvantara'.
- Between two manvantaras takes place what is called a 'pralaya', a state of transition, of 'disappearance' (in the higher spiritual) or of deep sleep.
This sequence takes place at different levels: at CoC (between planetary stages), at CoC (between 'rounds) .. but als at an even higher level at the end or beginning of a solar system. In other words: one such CoC can also be seen as smaller breaths called CoL, with minor pralayas in between. And the CoL can also be said to go through a number of CoF stages.
Our current conditions of space and time are quite specific to in a certain subphase of Earth development, as we are currently living in:
- the fourth CoC: Earth
- the fourth CoL: mineral
- the fourth CoC: physical (and lowest)
- the fifth epoch: called Aryan or PostAtlantean (see also Earth's seven epochs). See also the mixed races that developed in earlier epochs on Human races.
- the fifth cultural age: called anglo-german (after ancient Indian, Persian, Egyptian, Greco-Roman; see Current Postatlantean epoch)
- characteristics of The three Logoi (see Schema FMC00.064 on that topic page)
- how this relates to the Cosmic breath of Brahma and Creation by the three Logoi
- terminology for CoC, CoL and CoF (see Schema FMC00.093)
- in theosophical literature CoL and CoF are also called rounds and globes.
- in Christian terminology they are called power, kingdom and glory.
- CoC, CoL and CoF also map to Being or Self, Life and Form, see Schema FMC00.171 on Force substance presentation, or zooming out broader see meta schema FMC00.303 on Creation by the three Logoi. Or see also Schema FMC00.133 on IIH.
- spiritual beings responsible for the state transitions, see Prajapatis
- various superimposed levels of 'cosmic breathing' from spiritual entities at different levels; see also Cosmic breathing and Spiritual hierarchies and their eigenperiods
Schema FMC00.093 gives an overview of the different dimensions that roll off in one another in the great cosmic evolution
Schema FMC00.057 illustrates the levels of Conditions of Consciousness (CoC), Life (CoL) and Form (CoF). See also Prajapatis
Schema FMC00.203 shows the first six planetary stages in the overview of solar system evolution, to point out that for the evolution of Mankind, there is always only one but different CoL that is important per planetary stage (1905-03-18-GA090B). On Earth that is the current mineral CoL, on Future Jupiter it will be the plant CoL. On Old Moon Mankind was still at the level of the third EK, see The elementary kingdoms
Schema FMC00.057A is the schema specifically within one planetary stage, like Earth. For Earth it is the fourth mineral CoL4 that is important for development of Man. See further: Earth rounds perspective.
Lecture coverage and references
References and further reading