Man's life on earth is characterized by various rhythms and patterns (eg seven years, eighteen years, ..).
Biography work consists in looking at a person's life and how that unfolds on various fronts, and trying to read patterns into it.
This relates to:
- karmic study work, as per karma exercises described by Rudolf Steiner in the Karmic Relationship lectures
- astrological and astrosophical work, a.i. the study of one's or a person natal birth chart and/or death chart.
The personalities covered by Rudolf Steiner in the Karmic Relationship lectures have been subject of biographical case studies, see Karma research case studies.
Lecture coverage and references
Rudolf Steiner lectures from the book 'Biography':
1918-01-08, 1918-01-11 and 1918-01-12
1921-06-17 and 1921-06-18
References and further reading
- George and Gisela O'Neil: 'The human life' (1990, third printing 1998)
- Signe Eklund Schaefer: 'Why on Earth?: Biography and the Practice of Human Becoming' (2013)Albrecht Klaus: Levenssinn im Lebenslauf - Biografiearbeit als Begenung mit sich und Anderen (2016)
- Gudrun Burkhard:
- Biographical work - The anthroposophical basis (2007 in EN, fifth printing 2014; first published in Portuguese in 2002 as 'Bases Antroposoficas da Metodologia Biografica')
- Taking charge - your life patterns and their meaning (1997 in EN, third printing 2011; first published in German in 1992 as 'Das Leben in die Hand nehmen')
- Rudolf Steiner: Biography - enlightening the path of human life (compiled and edited by Erhard Fucke) (2009 in EN, first published in German in 1996 as 'Vom Lebenslauf des Menschen')