The first Polarian epoch of Earth's fourth Condition of Form (CoF) in the fourth Condition of Life (CoL), represents the start of the physical mineral level. In the Polarian epoch Earth and Man was in etheric form (see red in FMC00.057C below for recapitulation correspondence).
- The human being was an 'ether-Man' (oa 1904-12-27-GA090A)
- looked oval, like an egg, and moved in a wholly etheric element
- only had a since sense of hearing to give orientation in or movement of the (non compressible) ether matter that can only vibrate
- double etheric body with complex structure, containing all forms of animals that would later separate (amphibians, birds, lower and higher mammals)
- Man lived in zone around north pole
- see also: Adam Kadmon and Giant Ymir
FMC00.057C is added here to show how the first Polarian epoch fits in to the whole of Earth's evolution, and the gradual emergence of the spectrum of elements and ethers now in the fourth Condition of Life (CoL) and fourth Condition of Form (CoF).
Lecture coverage and references
The human being of the Polarian age was enveloped in a form of matter that was highly tenuous and indeed shadow-like. He had been developed according to the pitris - etheric. These ether human beings really looked oval, like an egg, and moved in a wholly etheric element. Our present-day senses would have been useless at that time. A sense to give orientation within the etheric matter was sufficient, and that was the sense of hearing. They had only this one sense, to perceive the movement of the ether matter, just as later on, in the sixth epoch the human being will hear the `trumpets' (Book of Revelation), that is, the sounds of the spheres. As matter condensed, a principle we must call temperature differences developed within matter. Movements were no longer regular, and this created denser and warmer areas.
Note about timing of separation of the Sun
A description of the Earth is given below before the Separation of Sun. The separation of the Sun is described only in one reference by Rudolf Steiner to have taken place at the start of the Hyperborean epoch, without further specification (1905-03-18-GA090B). This might well place the description below into the Polarian epoch.
- The earth, sun and moon, if observed from outside, would have looked like a gigantic brain but softer and slimier, a body filled with life that consisted of millions of interlaced soft oysters that reproduced constantly. Each huge oyster reproduced very quickly and generated an offspring of upto a million of its own descendants in a very short time. The older ones dissolved again. (1922-09-27-GA347)
- For a description of these huge oysters, see also Earth and nature in the Lemurian epoch - before separation Moon. The description given there is not timed explicitly, but described as 'before the Separation of Moon' and after separation of the Sun, and so flows from the Hyperborean into the Lemurian epoch.
References and further reading
- Andreas Delor (publisher) and Pascale Aeby (1966-2012)
- Delor published 8 volumes of over 3900 pages in total, the first five focus on Atlantis, volumes 6 and 7 are on Lemuria, and volume 8 is on the first two epochs, the Hyperborean and Polarian.
- Atlantis: nach neuesten hellsichtigen und wissenschaftlichen Quellen (8 volumes)
- Band 8 - Die Hyperboräische- und Polarische-Epoche (2016)