Between heart and brain
This topic provides an integration of a number of topics, for contemplation in the soul:
- The heart and brain are connected by the two blood circuits.
- The blood is in the process of etherization, with streams between the heart and brain and the pineal and pituitary glands.
- The heart is Luciferic (warmth), the brain brings Ahrimanic balancing (coolness) (1914-06-03-GA266/3)
- the link with breathing
- the 'I' of Man that lives in the warmth, see 1913-12-30-GA266/3 on Human 'I'
- the special relationship between heart, lungs and the pineal/pituitary glands can be contemplated from different angles
- already with the etherization of blood, but also ..
- between planetary stages, the heart and lungs are transformed in the brain for the next stage, see FMC00.123 on Future Jupiter.
- and see RSL quotes (and Schema FMC00.178) on Man past and future to read how pineal/pituitary glands are the basis for the formation of a second spinal column
The various perspectives above are prepared in study, and thereby brought together in our soul, to approach the statement:
- "The Christ and secret of the MoG lives between the heart and the lungs in each human being, in a very human, organ-related sense: it is the revelation of the great miracle that takes place between the heart and the lungs." (rephrased from Rudolf Steiner, 1925)
Lecture coverage and references
Rudolf Steiner in a note written in 1925 (see Selg) - see also: The heart's two blood circuits
The Christ mystery is the revelation of the great miracle that takes place between the heart and the lungs. The cosmos becomes the human being and the human being becomes the cosmos.
The Sun carries the human being out of the cosmos and onto the Earth. The Moon carries the human being from the Earth into the cosmos. In larger terms, what streams from the lungs to the heart is the human correlate of the descent of Christ onto the Earth; what moves from the heart to the lungs is the human correlate of the human being carried into the spirit world by the Christ impulse after death.
Thus the secret of Golgotha lives between the heart and the lungs in each human being, in a very human, organ-related sense.
The Christ Impulse affects Man, physiologically speaking, in the step where man breaths in from the cosmos .. not just air but sense perception and higher ethers .. and this is carried through the lungs into the blood stream.
- The heart's two blood circuits
- Christ Module 4 - Mystery of the Blood
- Damming up between heart and brain
- Etherization of blood
References and further reading