Streams of Abel and Cain
see Evo 12.10 and GA093 specifically
joining of two streams of Cain and Abel - see spirhier 5.12 topic 15 - see 1905-05-29-GA093
We are dealing, therefore, with two races of mankind:
- - with those who, like Solomon, are in possession of divine wisdom and with
- - those of the Race of Cain, who are conversant with fire and know how to make use of it. This fire is not physical fire, but the fire of wishes, desires and instincts which bums in the astral world.
Who, then, are the Sons of Cain?
- - In the sense of this legend, the Sons of Cain are the sons of those Elohim who, during the Moon Epoch, were a little retarded in their role of Elohim. We are dealing with Kama, astrality, during the Moon Epoch. This Kama, or fire, was penetrated with wisdom at that time.
- - But there were two kinds of Elohim. The one kind of Elohim did not remain static with the union of wisdom and fire; they went further. And during the creation of man they were no longer filled with desires and so they were able to endow their creation with calm and clear wisdom. That is the essential Jahve — or Jehovah — religion, the wisdom of which is quite without personal desire.
- - The other Elohim, those in whom wisdom was combined with the fire of the Moon Epoch, created the Sons of Cain.
- - in the case of the Sons of Seth, we find representatives of the religious type of human being with detached wisdom, and
- - in the case of the Sons of Cain, we find those who possess an impulsive nature, who are capable of flaring up and showing enthusiasm for wisdom.
These two types are creative within all races of mankind and in all periods of history.
- - Out of the desire life of the Sons of Cain, all arts and the sciences originate;
- - out of the Seth-Abel current, all detached piety and wisdom, lacking enthusiasm, has its origin.
These two types were always present and continued thus until the fourth Post-Atlantean cultural epoch.