Research into zodiacal influences
The zodiacal influences or 'workings from the stars' (coming from the spirit world), are modulated by the planetary influences (astral and lower spirit world) as the planets move in front of the stars, and are part of an integrated study with various experimental methods (see references below).
- One special experimental setup for gathering experimental data for the zodiacal influences on plant growth is the so-called Astrostat
- Rudolf Steiner gave a specific hint regarding the use of the zodiacal forces in the daily journey of the Sun through the signs (1917-11-25-GA178)
- for a broader spiritual scientific framework, see :
- Introduction to the Golden Chain
- Overview Golden Chain, for example Schema FMC00.142 maps the higher spirit world to the direct spiritual influences of the first Elementary Kingdom, and the mineral group souls. However zodiacal influences are also working through into the formative forces of the second Elementary Kingdom that give form to the plant kingdom.
Joachim Schultz pioneered this area,
- not only his mathematical studies of the loop formation through the path of the planets (see 'Rhythmen der Sterne, 1963 and other books on the relationship between the planets and plants,
- but also setting up an experimental zodiac wheel with twelve chambers in an observatory in Dornach in 1929-35. Already in 1930 the influence of the zodiacal sign and direction on the sprouting process could be shown. He was joined by Suo Vetter in 1948 who continued his work and reworked the zodiac wheel in 1957 into what is called the Astrostat with four chambers. A third Astrostat was built in 1978 by Dr. Hopf. The work was joined by Georg Unger who did statistical analysis of the result data (1961-1979). Only in 2016 the work was taken up again by Wolfgang Findeisen (see below).
The information below is currently only available in German:
- A historical overview can be found in the attached document in German, taken from the Agraffe Archivverlag, see: Astrostat overview 2015
- More up to date information with an update on this research in this document, taken from re-lux website : Astrostat project
Schema FMC00.260 illustrates the various influences around the earth, of elements and ethers, zodiacal streams and planetary influences.
Schema FMC00.153 shows Rudolf Hauschka's framework for the cosmic nature of earth's substances or elements, see 'The Nature of substance' from where is taken the synthetic illustration below
Note: meanwhile the name 'Astrostat' is also used for an Indian satellite, as well as a statistics software, so internet research is not facilitated by this.
- Formative forces
- Scientific research into the etheric formative forces
- Overview on etheric research and the plant kingdom
- Overview Golden Chain
References and further reading
- Lily Kolisko
- 'Working of the Stars in Earthly Substances' (1928 in DE as 'Sternenwirken in Erdenstoffen')
- and also more in: 'Lili Kolisko, Werk und Wesen. Beiträge zu einer Erweiterung der Heilkunst' by G. Husemann (1978)
- Theodor Schwenk
- 'Vom Einströmen kosmischer Kräfte in irdische Substanzprozesse' (1961)
- 'Hat die Erforschung der Konstellationswirkungen im Irdischen praktische Bedeutung?' (1977)
- Joachim Schultz:
- 'Rhythmen der Sterne' (1963/1985)
- Georg Unger
- 'Tropfenbildarbeit mit Konstellationen' (1999)
- Christine Picariello 'Einblicke in die Konstellationsforschung mit strömendem Wasser' (2008)